Recently some creative ideas popped up in my head and this cute cat card was the first to see the light of day (^_^). This DIY project is quite easy and will probably take you about 20~30 minutes to make. The most difficult part is cutting nicely along the lines of the paws, but I might have had too much caffeine while doing so…
You can send the card to a loved one, or keep it all to yourself and use it as a bookmark!
- You will need:
- White sturdy paper or thin card (A5 or A4 size)
- Pair of scissors
- Exacto knife + cutting mat
- Download the Cat Bookmark Card Template.
- Print the template on some sturdy white or light colored paper, set the print size to A5 (or A4).
- Cut out the cat and tail. You can use a ruler to cut the straight parts with a knife.
- Use an exacto knife (and steady hand ^_^) to cut along the lines of the paws.
- Fold the tail about 1cm from the top and glue it to the body. A piece of washi tape can help to secure it.
- Cut out the heart and write a message on the back for the lucky receiver.
Make sure that the tail sticks out a little, like pictured above. This way the cat can stand on it’s own while holding your cute message (^ω^)
Another way to use your cat card is as a bookmark! It will peek out above your book, while holding on to your most recent or favorite page.
I hope you liked this craft! I’m still learning how to work with Illustrator, so this project was a good way to get some practice. You can expect more cute crafts on kao-ani.com in the near future