Since I hoarded quite a stack of Washi Tape in a matter of time, I was looking for a simple way to store them. I saw some holders on the web and made my own simple (read: lazy) interpretation.
- You will need:
- An empty plastic wrap/saran wrap/foil box
- Wrapping paper (the thicker glossy kind, also used for book wrapping)
- Pair of scissors
- Cut off the top of the box and remove the tube and cutter-edge, you’ll use those later.
- Cut out the wrapping paper, make sure you’ll leave enough space to cover the insides of the box as well.
- Wrap the paper over one side of the box and cover part of the inside (till the middle). Make a cuton both corners, so you can fold the paper over. Use a little washi tape to keep it in place.
- Roll the box over until the other side, make sure you press it tightly against the paper. You could also use a little glue at this stage. Draw lines at the two corners and cut them out, fold the paper inside the box and glue it down.
- The remaining sides of the paper have to be trimmed down a bit as pictured above. You can fold the smaller sides first, glue them down and fold&glue the large piece over to the inside.
- Glue the cutter-edge back into the box, make sure it sticks out enough. At the back of the cutter-edge you can place some matching washi tape.
The original foil tube was a little too wide so I made a horizontal cut and wrapped it a bit tighter.
Color coordinate ;) your tapes, place them on the tube and you’ve got a nice holder for on your desk.
The tapes used in my pictures are from MT and the Dutch shops Wibra and Hema (which offers 15%-20% discount coupons this week ) Other nice shops to buy Washi tape from are: My Kimchi 4U, Kawaii Shop Japan and Kawaii Stickers 4you
Don’t forget to enter the kawaii necklace giveaway, I will draw a winner tomorrow at about 17.00PM CET!