I like to have some plants to brighten up the room. But I also enjoy everyday items with smiley faces, so I decided to make a combination of those. I hope you’ll enjoy this craft ^_^
- You will need:
- A small plant and perhaps a bit of extra soil
- A matching flower pot*
- Address labels (white)
- Permanent marker (black)
- Perforator/hole punch
- Chuboos nori punch or a small pair of scissors
*This sounds like common sense, but my lizard brain made me hunt for ceramic cups in advance. They turned out to be way too small… Better purchase a plant first and take it with you shopping for a matching pot or cup. I actually found these cute pots in our local flower shop. The small one measures about 10 cm / 3.9 inch in height.
- Color an address sticker solid black with your permanent marker.
- Use a perforator/hole punch to create eyes or a nose from the sticker.
- For other parts of the face you can use a Nori Punch. Please read on for alternative options.
- Stick the face stickers on the pot, fill it with soil and place the plant in it.
- Don’t forget to water regularly ;) or use a cactus if you’re lazy.
★ Draw face parts on the (black) sticker with a pencil and cut them out. Mouth: small round objects like a coin or tape roll help to draw half circles. Eyes: use a ruler to create squinted eyes.
★ Print this kawaii face template onto the white labels and cut the desired parts out.
★ Draw a face directly onto the pot. Make sure to try your permanent marker on the bottom of the pot first to see if it won’t come off easily.